Multi Search Engine Feedback

Well I have a working (but not perfect) windows app that allows pluggable multiple search engines to be queried but more importantly along the way I have gained more experience in new areas that I posted in a previous post, I have come up with an estimate of around 31hrs actual time that I put into this project.

This may sound like a lot for creating a simple windows app, and I could have probably hacked one together in a quarter of that time however this was not the point of embarking on this project, the point was to start applying techniques and technologies onto a project that would be simple and without the constraints we have to deal with in real life scenario’s.

I’m happy with what I have got out of it given the time invested, there are still area’s that I need to work on and I look forward to challenging myself to improve in these area’s to become a better developer.

Advertisements